Add Product

Search Results:

RAM

Does anyone know where I could obtain/purchase a 4gb ddr2 ram card for a laptop, if they are even made?
Valued Contributor

Re: RAM

What model is your laptop?

www.crucial.com is a great place to see what type your need and then you could purchase it at BB or online.

Most 4GB memory comes in a 2x2gb kit.

With DDR2 you want to run the memory is pairs.

**If you like my answer then click the little Star under my username.
**If my response answered your question then click the Solved button. Thanks

I have an HP Pavilion dv5, it has two slots that currently have 2gb ddr2 ram in it.
Valued Contributor

You could go with 2x2GB for a total of 4GB.

Go to Crucials website and select your make and model from the list and it will show you what memory you need.

**If you like my answer then click the little Star under my username.
**If my response answered your question then click the Solved button. Thanks

Well the problem is that I want to upgrade my system from 4gb to 8gb but only have 2 ram slots.
Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

As they've been saying, GO TO THE SITE.... run the scan, it will tell you exactly what you can put in your system..

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.

as they said, you need to go to the website. your computer may not support 8gb of RAM.
Recognized Member

Yes you can find 4gb ddr2 ram chips on the market now.  You are usually looking at a bout $175 to $225 for a chip now a days.  Try some of the online computer retailers as they are still a specialty item as most laptop motherboards cannot support the 4 gb chip.  As like everyone else said, make sure that your computer can support it before you buy it.  Also, if you don't mind my asking, why do you need 8gb of ram for?
_______
de omnibus dubitandum
Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

He has a dv5, which I'm highly doubting can even support 8gb. *shrugs*

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.