Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Purchasing a New Gaming Computer help

Do you think i could find something better on black friday or no? Because the offer is gone by wednsday? so yeah.. 

Topics: 1,806
Kudos: 915
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 351

You might be able to however I can't be sure what would w...

You might be able to however I can't be sure what would work out for you. I will look at the black friday deals and see what might be a perfect fit for you. 

Also I apologize for the delay in the reply. My mind kept telling me to go to bed yet I tried to fight it so it was sleepy time :-)

Best Buy Forums Super User since 2008. Please note I am not employed by Best Buy and I answer questions on my own time. If you find something helpful please add kudos to it. Should something solve your issue please remember to mark inquiries as solved.

Re: You might be able to however I can't be sure what would w...

Alright keep me updated please! Smiley Happy Thanks!

Topics: 1,806
Kudos: 915
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 351

I'm very sorry. I looked over and over and over again. I really did. I was just not impressed with the black friday selection of items in respect to some of the other items you had presented to me to look at.

I usually am good with technology and saving people money but I don't want you to buy a piece of hardware with a dissapointing processor or video card.

Best Buy Forums Super User since 2008. Please note I am not employed by Best Buy and I answer questions on my own time. If you find something helpful please add kudos to it. Should something solve your issue please remember to mark inquiries as solved.
Trusted Contributor

Yeh hockey is right. BF deals are for cheap computers, not gaming rigs.

I'm not sure which comp you showed, but I echo what another poster said that they normally under-wattage the power supplies and use mediocre cards. If you can get a decent computer and just swap the power supply and graphics card it will help cost and graphics tremendously.

Both are pretty easy tasks.

Alright so nothing then? Alright now i have 2 options, i could buy from cyberpower and already build or i could build my own? What do you guys think? Will parts be cheap?

Trusted Contributor

Are you at least technically savy?

The only part that is hard that you can mess up is laying the motherboard and seating the CPU/Heatsink properly. After that its basically plugging in.

If you build your own it will be close to the same price as pre built computers now a days. You might save 1 or 2 hundred, but not like you used to save hundreds. The great thing about building is you tailor it to your needs.

Most pre built gaming computers like to toss in a lot of extras. I.E. you like the specs on one computer but just want a better graphics card that normally costs $50 more; the next model up will upgrade the graphics card but also upgrades the CPU. Making what should be a $50 upgrade of GPU into a $150 GPU/CPU upgrade even though you didn't need the CPU upgraded. They'll also throw in multi TB hard drives, which for a gaming computer is overkill. Any gaming comp shouldn't have more than 200 GB of data normally. The larger HDD just eats up more small amounts of money

While if you build you can choose where the money goes. Need a middle/top line processor and splurge on a GPU. Great. Need 8 Megs of ram instead of 16. Fine. Want a small HDD with an SDD. Perfect. It allows you to get exactly what you want/need in a computer at minimal cost.

The one and only problem is that if you have ANY problems then its all on you. That's where the semi tech savy comes into play. You need to understand enough about computers to be able to research problems and comprehend it enough to fix it. If you buy a pre built you normally get tech support for 1 year etc.

I ALWAYS build my computers, but understand its not for everyone.

I've talked to so many people and people who work with computers and they all say build computers.. I don't know much all i know is i learned myself from researching and family, ect.. What would you recommend? I've heard many reviews on cyberpower that sucks.. But as i said i don't know i'm really confused. I don't know if i'll be able to know what the problem is.. What would you recomend?

I've talked to so many people and people who work with computers and they all say build computers.. I don't know much all i know is i learned myself from researching and family, ect.. What would you recommend? I've heard many reviews on cyberpower that sucks.. But as i said i don't know i'm really confused. I don't know if i'll be able to know what the problem is.. What would you recomend?

Regular Contributor

Newegg has 3 part series on youtube on how to build a gaming pc. Watch them.