Add Product

Search Results:

Purchasing a New Gaming Computer help

As, you all know black friday is coming up. I'm looking for a gaming computer any tips please? I will be playing Runescape, Minecraft, also Warcraft III and some WOW. I'm looking somewhere around 1,000- 1,100 , also please don't say to build one because i don't want to thanks! One last thing if there isn't a computer then you can suggest on what to look for when buying a good gaming computer! Thanks!

Topics: 1,806
Kudos: 914
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 351

Re: Purchasing a New Gaming Computer help

Well many computers because of Windows 8 are coming with 8 GB of ram, some computers I seen 16gb of ram.

The models with 16gb ram is probably  going to be in the price range you are looking for. The graphics card you will find in these high end models should be sufficient enough for gaming on reasonable settings.

Is there any brand name in particular you had your eyes on?

Best Buy Forums Super User since 2008. Please note I am not employed by Best Buy and I answer questions on my own time. If you find something helpful please add kudos to it. Should something solve your issue please remember to mark inquiries as solved.

Also, one last thought where would you recommend looking for a gaming pc? i mean i;ve looked over 100 reviews and all of them have different computers.. As i said i only have about 1,200... 

Regular Contributor

You don't need an I7 for gaming. I would drop down to an I5 and use the extra to get a better video card. These prebuilt pc's all use very mediocre video cards.

Would you mind recommending some desktops? Liike what companies?

First of all, in this price range you specify you want to make sure that your hardware is not under powered.

Now companies like HP, Acer , Gateway, Dell , in the past they would load 300 watt power supplies onto systems which really may have needed more power. How the machines did not crash and last would be beyond me. You want to get a computer and make sure it has a powerful power supply and it can handle all the stuff you want to do without overheating/ being over worked, etc.

If you buy your computer from a built to order store, you are exactly getting what you want and a bigger power supply is a must if you want to upgrade your current unit to better hardware in the future.

Top of the line video cards often rely on external power through Molex connectors from the power supply to ensure proper operation. Anything else an it could be bottlenecking the potential performance of your computer.

Best Buy Forums Super User since 2008. Please note I am not employed by Best Buy and I answer questions on my own time. If you find something helpful please add kudos to it. Should something solve your issue please remember to mark inquiries as solved.

Alright, because i'm going through black friday and which would you say companies that are hp, acer, ect.. or the computer from a build to order store? thanks

I liked the HP computer you showed me it looked like a solid awesome computer with room to expand. The case looked pretty cool too and not over the top. You are going to pay more for geeking out your computer and then some.

Also, is AMD eight core okay for gaming? Thanks!

Its a beast :-)