Add Product

Search Results:

Processors

What is the best processors for a 2in1 laptop? I want something I can do all my college work on, but also fast enough where I could game on sometimes
Emerging Expert

Re: Processors

Processors are processors and the differences between them for what your going to do with college work is negligable. 

Granted a higher end processor will provide more of a ability to perform caclulations.  But even still the BEST processor will get you now where in gaming if you have low slow RAM and integrated Graphics.

If you browse the 2 in 1 laptops and filter it down to descrete graphics you are left with a selection of 7 choices.

The minimum one has 8 GB of ram, which for many cases is sufficient for gaming.

All 7 of them have an i7 processor in them.  Which is a good thing. Even the least of them has a good fast processor.

so it mostly comes down then to matter of how much your willing to pay.  To find out specifics on the processors do a Google Search for cpu benchmark.  This should result in your first hit being to Passmark's web site with tests processors and gives reliable results.

All things considered your two best bets in this category are going to be 

Asus 

• Model: Q553UB-BSI7T13
  • SKU: 4777104

and

Lenovo

• Model: EDGE 2 15 - 80QF0004US
  • SKU: 4525501

However, as a caviatte I would personally not recommend a 2 in 1 for most gaming purposes.  Their archecture is really built around portablaility, touch screen and power saving.  While they should be able to adequatly display graphics in a gaming environment I would be worried about heat issues or being able to sustain such a request on resources. 

But that is just my opinion. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Thank you, the gaming I would be doing wouldn't be heavy, just need something I can play league of legends once in awhile
Topics: 1,114
Kudos: 755
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

If an XBOX 360 can run it, so can the Intel HD 520 Graphics on my Intel Core I5 Acer Aspire R 2 in 1 laptop.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Thank you, does it run league pretty well

I am installing it and registering a new account. I will let you know shortly how it runs.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Emerging Expert

I.love league off legends. The 2 in 1 Should not have an issue
Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Okay, thank you!

Here is the laptop I have: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-aspire-r-15-2-in-1-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memor...

I have the game at 1920x1080 and the game is set on Medium High. I was consistently getting 100 FPS according to the in game FPS tracker.

That's perfect, is it overheating?