Add Product

Search Results:

Problems connecting to wireless network

I'm visiting my parents at the moment and the perennial issue of connecting to their wireless network has once again reared its ugly head.  My wireless network adapter is working, I received a strong signal and I have the correct password, but for whatever reason, I still can't connect.

I've tried resetting my IP address.  I've tried manually entering my IP address, the MAC address and the DNS server and then switching all of them back to automatic-detect. I've run trouble-shooting wizards and restarting my computer  more times than I can count, but I still can't connect.  Thoughts, suggestions, tips?  I'll try just about anything at this point.  Thanks!

Re: Problems connecting to wireless network

if your computer has a switch for wireless like mine does turn it off then back on. Other than that you have tried everything.

Gave it a shot, but it didn't work either.  Thanks though for the idea and the suggestion!  It's always worth a try!

You must contact internet service provider for proper codes service is secured./check adapter/check settings

Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

Are you sure that their wireless router is compatible with your laptop? IE your laptop might be 802.11N, the router might only support G...

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.