Add Product

Search Results:

Problem with my Gateway laptop that I brought...

in Best Buy.   I brought a MT6840.

The monitor has a horizontal line across the lower part of the taskbar. I want to know how I can fix this problem.

Topics: 1,116
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Re: Problem with my Gateway laptop that I brought...

Was this a recent purchase? If its within your return period, go back to BB and exchange for another one, otherwise contact Gateway directly to get this solved.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

No, I brought it last year.

First check for update on driver

how do I do that????
Topics: 1,116
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

The screen behavior you post about here indicates a possible hardware failure that is about to get worse. You can try and update your video card driver , but in the end, it very well might not be curing that line in your screen. I wish I could give you better advice , but since I am not in front of your particular machine its very hard for me to diagnose the problem in a more accurate manner.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***