Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Printer saying "Offline"

My printer has been working fine for over a year, however about a month ago it started saying "Offline" when I would try and print anything. It was doing this whether I am connected wirelessly or if I plug in via USB. Some days it works, others it won't. Can anyone help me with how to fix it? It's getting quite annoying...

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Printer saying "Offline"

Is it going into power saving mode?

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Highlighted

No, not that I can tell. The screen is on and ready, but in the queued document viewer it says offline. I've tried powering off and on but that didn't work either.

Highlighted
Topics: 164
Kudos: 178
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 33

Possible wireless culprit::
This may seem like a stupid question but I have witnessed this on my own printer at home (an HP 8600 AIO)

Did you recently get a new router that perhaps has dual bandwidth? One could be broadcasting at 2.4 and other at 5ghz. Many printers only read on the 2.4ghz connection.

Could you provide your printer model and manufacturer please

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.