Add Product

Search Results:

Trusted Member

Paralyzed need help W mic

Paralyzed from the shoulders down so I have to use speech recognition software to do anything on the computer. I purchased my microphone March 2012 and its messing up all the time. It came with the software, Dragon. I like the over the ear in the ear on one ear. I need/want a good microphone, noise canceling. My sister has a 2-year-old that is very loud and runs around nonstop and they are at my house every day and he interrupts the program all the time. I need a microphone that will help with that, dictation, etc. I hope to purchase one that will last a few years, if possible. If anyone can suggest something, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

Topics: 1,115
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Re: Paralyzed need help W mic

I use a Plantronics USB headset that I've used for 3 years and it works like new still.... Of course it all depends on what you want to buy..

By the way, welcome back to the Best Buy forums Smiley Happy

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Trusted Member

I don't want to pay a ton, but if I have to I guess I will. At know brainer's website, they have a selection of microphones. In case you don't know, they work with Dragon programs and make them work better with their software and they actually want to help disabled people. Anyways, they suggested a $300 microphone but they only suggested once they sell. I've seen ones with a sound card? Or something, built into the wire... I don't know what that does and if it is important or not?

And thanks, always forget about the forums

Highlighted
Topics: 1,115
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Any USB headset with a Mic built in will work. The quality you get depends on the price you pay. Dragon is also starting to sell it's voice recognition software now as a download card you scratch off and then enter the serial key to download and activate.

Best Buy Stores will be more than happy to assist you with the right product and sell you something you actually need versus the most expensive product. If you need special accomodations when you shop, be sure to tell the door  person when you enter the store so they can get someone to assist you and accomodate your disabilities Smiley Happy

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***