Add Product

Search Results:

PCI GRAPHICS UPGRADE ON MY HP a6330f PAVILIAN COMPUTER

MY 6330 computer has an integrated graphics nvidia Ge Force 6150 SE Video Graphics.It will support PCI Express X16 graphic cards.

I would like to upgrade by adding a video graphics card that will allow me to play my computer DVD to my HDTV and or route my large photo collection via a slide show to my TV.

I would like to purchase a PNY Verto NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 512 MB GDDR2 Video Card or BFG equivalent from BEST BUY to accomplish this however: The two cards state

a requirement of a 350 watt power supply. Is the power supply requirement for an internal or external power supply?  I cannot find any spec on my computer that defines the power supply wattage rating.

My computer Model is a6330f

Product #:GX614AA-ABA

SERIAL# CNH7510H7R

WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM

ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED

THANKS RAYSNOOP

Topics: 1,113
Kudos: 744
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 270

Re: PCI GRAPHICS UPGRADE ON MY HP a6330f PAVILIAN COMPUTER

I would not spend money on a very expensive video card if your only achievement is to do this.

Take a look at this ATI Radeon HD 4550 Graphics card. It has DVI-D , VGA and HDMI Ports. a video card with an HDMI port allows you to connect your HDMI cable from your computer to your TV with one cable (Sound included)

Another plus, is that if you decide to go BluRay on your PC in the future, your computer is ready for this change because the graphics card supports HDCP.

Its currently $99.99 on the Best Buy website and its a PCI Express X16 graphics card. The power supply requirement is only 270 watts or higher, and does not require a molex connector to the power supply in order to power the video card which is a plus. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted
Topics: 1,113
Kudos: 744
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 270

Re: PCI GRAPHICS UPGRADE ON MY HP a6330f PAVILIAN COMPUTER

I noticed out of 2 reviews, the product review rating was a 3.0 out of 5. Judging by the way those reviews are written, I am going to take a small guess and say the reviewers might not know how to deal with such issues. I owned a Radeon HD card in the past and yes, it does install an HDMI driver for sound, but in Vista, its easily fixable by going to the sound properties and switching your audio back to your built in sound card on your PC.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***