Add Product

Search Results:

PC makes USB connect/disconnect sound and monitor flashes on and off.

I recently connected a Samsung TV to use as a separate monitor (NU6900 model) other then my dell monitor (S2716DGR model) and now every now and then my PC will make the USB connect/disconnect noise and flicker off and on again. I have tried removing devices in device manager and I checked all the cords to make sure none are weak. Incase you want to visualize it, It's kindove like when you chance a setting in the NVIDIA control panel and it changes/flashes. I cant find any help for this anywhere can someone help me?  

Valued Contributor

Re: PC makes USB connect/disconnect sound and monitor flashes on and off.

Open the device manager and watch to see what device disappears and reappears or shows up as unknown device when the noise happens.

If you connected the monitor via a USB 2-3 adapter that could also be it.
Topics: 1,222
Kudos: 711
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 295

Re: PC makes USB connect/disconnect sound and monitor flashes on and off.

Sometimes you have to choose where the monitor is connected. I had to do this for my laptop to connect it to the big screen.

Right click on the desktop and select display settings. Choose the setting so it only displays on the external monitor.

I don't have a dual display or HDMI connection here but that is where you would choose it in Win 10.

DISPLAY SETTINGS.jpg

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***