Add Product

Search Results:

Ok my computer is being stupid, ive tryed everything!

Ok i just got a new HP Pavilion dv9925nr Notebook PC, and everytime i start it up, theres this one little application in the middle of the screen that says "Back to PC Possibilities" and it always goes to that before i can do anything, and it will finally get to it and then i go to "Explore this computer" icon at the top left of the screen, then i surf the web for a while then these boxs pop up, then it will close everything im doing and goes to that PC Possibilities thing, and it does that at random times on the computer what do i do?

Re: Ok my computer is being stupid, ive tryed everything!

First, next time state your problem in your topic.

Second, have you tried re-formatting or doing CTRL+ALT+DELETE and then Task Manager and ending the program?

There should be an option somewhere to disable it, usually in the form of a checkbox next to something that says "Show me this every time Windows starts up", or something to that effect, somewhere on the screen. If it has a toolbar, see if you can access a Settings, Options, or Preference tab and search for an option to disable it.

A more advanced option would be to access the Microsoft system configuration utility by going to the Start Menu and typing "msconfig" in the search bar and pressing Enter. Once there, go to the Startup tab and look for the offending program and uncheck the box next to it and restart the computer.

I don't own an HP, nor do I get the message you are getting, so my solution is just a suggestion, but it may work.

Hope this helps.

Trusted Member

If it is the HP Welcome screen, press ALT+F4 to exit.  

It kind of sounds like you bought the computer that was on display or open box, and it might have the Best Buy software on it that they need to remove before selling it.

Topics: 1,525
Kudos: 744
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

Its that stupid HP Connections client installed on every HP or Compaq computer.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***