Add Product

Search Results:

OPen box desktop!! dont evr buy open box worst deals ever no help watsoever

i no i bought a open box desktop and it had a user account and password on it and noone ever helped me i tried callin dell, geeksquad, bestbuy evrthing but noone ever helped me i will never shop there again!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: OPen box desktop!! dont evr buy open box worst deals ever no help watsoever

Open items can be great deals, or great pains in the butt.

Open items are sold "as is", so it's really up to the customer to insure that everything is in working order.

If the computer has the original restore disk, or a restore partition, this is a really simple fix. If not(and you got a GOOD deal), I would keep it and make arrangements to get that disk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclosure: Former BBY employee.
Topics: 1,116
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

If the laptop is in warranty by the manufacturer, all you have to do is email Dell and tell them you need the discs and they will help you out.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Many times the open box items will have the demonstration password in it. What you do then is one of two things: either boot it into Safe Mode and use the Admin account to remove the locked one and make a new one, or

Use the disk that came with to wipe everything and start from square one.

Hope you have a better time next time!

~The Captain

What I want for Christmas:
In-store agent position at the Burlington, WA precinct.