Add Product

Search Results:

No 16GB option for Apple MacBooks with M1

Looking at buying one of the new Apple MacBooks with M1 chip, but it doesn't allow for any configs with 16GB of RAM. Only 8GB models are available. When will the 16GB option be available to order?

Thanks,

Emerging Expert

Re: No 16GB option for Apple MacBooks with M1

The  moderators will not be able to specualte on coming stock.

However, I looked at Apples web site and I did not find any models with the M1 that have more than 8GB of RAM though they do indicate they can go up to 16gb

The MacBooks that come with the M1 seem to be buitl more for low power consumption rather than power apps use so I would not expect to see a model coming soon with 16gb installed.

The tech specs all say 8gb but configurable to 16gb

You may want to direct the question direct to Apple

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

Re: No 16GB option for Apple MacBooks with M1

Yes, Apple's site gives you the option to spec it out with 16GB. I was just wondering when I could do that at Best Buy since they allow it for older models. Guess it's just oo early.

Emerging Expert

IRe: No 16GB option for Apple MacBooks with M1

I would just keep watching it

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.