Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Netflix not working on my flex elite.

Hello,

Bought the new flex elite a few days ago and love it. But I can't get Netflix to work on it. I can stream from my media server at home and other streaming video apps just not Netflix. Netflix says it's on insignias end and pretty sure insignia is pointing the finger back. But I use the Netflix app on my s5 with no problem. I am able to log in and choose what I want to watch then all I get is the loading scream. Any ideas?

Thanx

Visitor

Re: Netflix not working on my flex elite.

Same here...Vudu does work, however.  Give me a fix within a week, Insignia, or this gets returned to Best Buy.  OP, if you somehow find a solution, please let me know.  The following don't work:

-resetting all devices (via netflix.com)

-resetting router

-rebooting

-reinstalling Netflix app

My guess is that the firmware is screwed.  Unfortunately, the "update" mechanism doesn't work--it tells me I'm not connected.  It

s looking an awful lot like a Samsung is in my near future. Smiley Happy

Visitor

The device also takes an exceptionally long time to boot--approximately 60 seconds, by my watch. WTF?

Visitor

(Clearing the cache and storage don't work either--that would have been the Insignia rep's first suggestion.) 

Insignia, you'll need to fix the firmware and provide an update that I can download and install over a USB cable, as your updating service doesn't work.  You have seven days--commence.

Visitor

I was excited because right after posting this Netflix updated but still not working. And mine also seems to take forever to boot. I just keep it on and plugged in for the most part. It does seem kinda stupid to not make sure that the #1 reason most people get tablets for, works before the release. Or at least have an update roll out at the same time. 

Visitor

I'm actually still waiting for Netflix to reset all my devices--apparently there's now an 8-hour delay, where it used to be instant.  This has worked for me with Blu-Ray players (also stuck on the loading screen) in the past, though I'm skeptical this time.  I'll let you know if it works.

Visitor

I have already logged out of all devices and waited the eight hours.my problem is still exactly as the original poster describes. Netflix menus work fine but after choosing play I see a red circle spinning and no video ever plays. Very disappointed, strongly considering returning this device after realizing g that this problem is device related.

Visitor

I have been reading posts on other boards as well, it just may be that the problem is with Netflix and the new lollipop android system. I have read posts of other people with a different device having the same issue where the menus load and they get the red circle after tapping play. I will be checking back here daily, I need to solve this problem.

Visitor

Nope--I also have an S5 (like the OP) on 5.0 that doesn not present this issue.  It's the device's firmware, and given that their update server doesn't appear to work, the only way they can fix this problem is to present a firmware update for download and installation over USB (I wonder if this is even possible).  Back to BB it goes.

Visitor

(Aside from that, it takes longer to boot than the three-year-old tablet it's replacing--God knows why)  (Also, I don't like the texture or sensitivity of the screen--it feels like some sort of plastic, to me.)