Add Product

Search Results:

Need help buying a new computer

Ok so I desperately need a new computer. my current one is 6 years old and is dying on me. What I'm looking for is something that will be able to run games like Knights of the Old Republic, The Sims 2, and eventually Star Wars: The Old Republic once it is released next spring. I don't want something that would be overkill for these games, but enough so that they don't lag and don't look awful. And I'm fine with buying a graphics card separately if it would be cheaper then buying some epic pc. My price range is $800-$1100, preferably $800 ^^; $1100 is like last resort no other option.

so any help would be greatly appreciated

On a side-note, my current pc until recently could play the above games fine, so I know I don't need some epic gaming computer to play them, but I just need help with which companies are reliable and what will be able to handle something like swtor's graphics in the near future.

Topics: 292
Kudos: 171
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 81

Re: Need help buying a new computer

Model: CM5675-11 | SKU: 1308316

This desktop features a double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW drive for creating customized CDs and DVDs and a 16-in-1 media reader for storing or transferring important documents, favorite songs and special photos. The NVIDIA GT240 graphics features 1GB video memory for lush images.Windows 7 Home Premium preloaded Which Windows 7 edition is best for you? Compare.Learn more about Intel® processors. Information provided by Intel.

Sale: $849.99

Hey! You don't need a powerhouse, but as long as you have such a nice budget, you might as well get something nice. This is my personal recommendation based on specs, hardware and branding. Also, the case doesn't try to be 'too cool', it's a standard, functional case with a little better construction. No video upgrade needed. (This is tower only, if you need a monitor, that's a whole different cup of tea).

s.gifI am a Bestbuy employee who volunteers on these boards on my own time. I am not paid for posting here, and you should understand that my opinions are exactly that - opinions. I do not represent Bestbuy in any way.
: Open Mailbox

Sorry for the late response ^^; I've been really busy lately so haven't been able to check back here. 

Thank you for the suggestion =) I checked that one out, but it didn't seem to have very good reviews when it came to customer service. Do you have any experience with Asus' customer service? That's the only thing that I'm worried about, other then that it seems like a really nice pc. But I do need a new monitor as well. I still have one the size of a box XD 

Trusted Contributor

I've had good results with their build quality except for one problem.

As to customer service, I haven't yet called them about said problem so I'll let you know, but it could be a while as it's low priority.  (Bad RAM stick failed after a year - laptop is working fine on half the RAM for now.)

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.

Would the computer at this "9999144100050000" sku be any good? It just needs to be able to run WoW and Swtor on medium to high graphics with no lag. And I don't mind buying a better graphics card if it's current one isn't so great. I really want a package deal because I need a new monitor and keyboard as well.