Add Product

Search Results:

Need More Type-C Ports for Chromebook

I'm trying to find a hub product with multiple type-c ports.  

There are only two ports on ASUS Flip Chromebook. One I'm using for extended display, and the other I need to switch between keyboard dongle and charging. Super annoying!

I can't seem to find anything out there. Only hubs with multiple USB ports. Can anyone help?
Emerging Expert

Re: Need More Type-C Ports for Chromebook

Your Chrombook may not have enough of a power supply to support more ports.

Why would you need a keyboard dongle doesn't your Chrombook have a keyboard integrated into it.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Yeah, but when using my Chromebook as one of two displays, it's not convenient to reach and use the keyboard. And for some reason, my chrome can't detect the Bluetooth standalonen keyboard I purchased without a dongle.
Topics: 1,073
Kudos: 780
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 258

They do have hubs that convert the USB Type C Adapter to a USB hub port. bobberuchi may be right though, these devices require far less power than many laptops and you will have severely underpowered device. 

Would a USB hub do good with an AC Adapter in place of this?

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

I don't need more USB ports, though. I need more type c. My Asus Chromebook Flip doesn't have an AC. It charges with a type c.

Well you can get a USB Type C hub but they are rare. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Yeah, looking everywhere but no luck. Will keep trying!

Maybe the ones for Mac are compatible. I don;t know how Chrome OS is coded but I know they use some kind of Linux code or a variant. 

I believe Mac OS had some based off it it as well so I don't see why the ones for Mac won't work on this unit with the Type C plug. Just a small thought, nothing more. 

Emerging Expert

Another thought.

What version Blue Tooth is your Chromebook and what version is the keyboard.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Hello, I see you ask for a hub product with multiple type-c ports. so here I provide some best hub products which are available in the market.

1. Landhoo Type-C USB 3.0 5 in 1 Combo Hub

2. Anker 4-Port USB-C to USB 3.0ports

3. Kingston’s Nucleum USB-C hub

4.HooToo USB C Adapter 3.1

5.Lenition USB-C Hub with 3 USB 3.0 Ports and SD card slot