Add Product

Search Results:

NS-PU98635 Ethernet Adapter

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody :

This ethernet adapter doesn't work.  It won't connect to the internet. And there's no support to find out the proper configuration settings.   {removed per forum guidelines}

Kudos: 106
Solutions: 97

Re: NS-PU98635 Ethernet Adapter

It should be plug and play with a modern OS. What configuration are you looking for? Does the adapter show up in device manager? Are you sure the problem is not elsewhere? (Cable, router, USB port)
-
I am not a Best Buy / Geek Squad employee. All comments and opinions are my own.

deusexmachuina :

It doesn't connect.....properly.....to the internet. And, there's no tips or instructions on how to configure this device. It won't even connect with my ISP home page.  Yes....I realize....being it's a USB device, it will function at a slower speed.  I was even given a link to the Insignia website.  No support there. Just the ability to download drivers...which came with the device.    yes...it shows up in DEVICE MANAGER.  The only other source of the problem is configuration.  It's connected, directly, to my MODERM via an ethernet cable.

Kudos: 106
Solutions: 97

There really is no configuration required on a USB ethernet adapter. Who is your internet provider? Why did you purchase the USB adapter in the first place?
-
I am not a Best Buy / Geek Squad employee. All comments and opinions are my own.
Topics: 1,496
Kudos: 727
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 320

Ethernet is most likely switched off on the Hardware on the system itself or the router. I have seen this happen in a few instances while doing computer repair work for friends.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***