Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

NS-2908 won't Play

I am trying to run the NS-2908 speakers on an Acer Aspire One AOD250 netbookThe operating system is MS XP home edition SP3 and I have 3 2.0 USB ports that are functioning correctlyI have tried plugging the speakers into each USB port, rebooting the machine with and without the speakers attached and still no soundI have gone to Acer and RealTek and down loaded the most current drivers and software. Still nothing.

On the speaker, the light bar is lit and I can control the volume of the netbook from the speaker controls but the music plays through the netbook audio speakers.

Please helpThese speakers and case are exactly what I was looking forThank you.

Best Regards,

Christine from CT

Visitor

Re: NS-2908 won't Play

I have tested the speakers with my emachine desktop and they work.  The desktop has OS Vista. Of course. my issue is I need portable speakers to work with my netbook because I travel and do presentations for a living.  I already have speakers for the desktop.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Best Regards,

Christine in CT

Visitor

Hi Happywoman57 and welcome to the forum.

The issue seems to be that our speakers are not set as the default playback device.

Please follow these steps and let us know if it works:

1. Go to Start > Control Panel.
  2. Near the top left corner, there should be an option that says Switch to Classic View. Click on it. (if the option is Switch to Category view, then you're already in Classic View; no need to change).
  3. Double-click Sounds and Audio devices.
  4. Click the Audio tab.
  5. Under Sound Playback, choose the Insignia USB Speakers as the Default device.
  6. Click Apply, then OK.
  7. Try the speakers.

Regards,

Gonzo

Visitor

Hello Gonzo,

Thank you very much for responding.  The speakers are working beautifully!! Smiley Happy Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Christine in CT