Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

NS-22E400NA14 - Problems with exteding desktop to two TV's on DVI-HDMI input

Hopefully there's a quick answer to this...

I have two identical 22" LCD TV's (NS-22E400) that I am connecting to a Lenovo docking station in order to extend my desktop onto two monitors.  The analog (VGA) connection is working well, crystal clear...  The digital connection however is leaving the fonts quite "fuzzy" and tough to read.  I thought it was a bad cable so I swapped that out....using brand new DVI to HDMI cable.  I also tried a DVI to HDMI adapter to a straight HDMI cable.  No Luck.

I have swapped connections and the "problem" monitor turns perfect under analog connection while the good monitor turns fuzzy under digital.  I have tried to adjust the resolution to no avail.  Strange thing, in that with the analog connection the screen is at 1920x1080 and I did not have to adjust a thing.  With the digital input the same resolution setting makes the image oversized and I have to scale it back 65% in order to be able to hit the handles on the windows.

I shared my desktop with someone else on IM and they said it looked fine on their end.  Go figure.

Running Windows 7 Pro on a Lenovo X230 with a Series 3 mini dock.  Dock is only a few months old...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...so close but yet so far....

Visitor

Re: NS-22E400NA14 - Problems with exteding desktop to two TV's on DVI-HDMI input

Hello kmdancho,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

The immediate thing that jumps to mind is to go into the picture menu and then to the advanced video settings.  We're looking for the overscan feature.  I want you to turn that off.  The other thing to check is to ensure that the aspect ratio is set to normal.  If those don't work, let me know so we can dig deeper into the issue.

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Re: NS-22E400NA14 - Problems with exteding desktop to two TV's on DVI-HDMI input

Jeremy - thanks...I found the overscan earlier today and turned it off...greatly improved.  Thx

Visitor

Thanks for posting this post.  I reconnected my monitor to my Windows 10 desktop and ran into the same problem.  I had checked that my monitor driver was up to date and tried the screen resolution selections (to a lesser resolution) and text size.  Turning overscan on the monitor worked!

Visitor

Correction:  Turning the overscan "OFF" on the monitor worked!