Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor
Accepted Solution

NS-15MS0832 power button

I purchased my NS-15MS0832 about a month ago and am pretty savvy with computers but this issue baffles me. When I try to wake the tablet up from sleep by pressing the power button, the screen flashes the lock screen for a split second then doesn't respond to the power button again. However, if I hold down the power button it restarts. This only happens when it is NOT plugged in. When the tablet is plugged in, I have zero issues with waking it up. If I am actively using the tablet while it is plugged in and then unplug it, the tablet goes into sleep mode and won't respond to the power button unless I plug it back in. I have done the reset feature and it didn't do anything.

Visitor

Re: NS-15MS0832 power button

Hello marcanson,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

That is definitely not normal behavior, are you using any sort of power save or battery maintaner app?

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

No I am not, in fact all of the original power settings are factory defaults.

Visitor

Hello marcanson,

Thank you for responding!

Has this issue just started happening recently, or has it been intermittent since you purchased the tablet?

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

It just started recently.

Visitor

Hello marcanson,

Thank you for responding!

If it has just recently started, you can try resetting the tablet to default, and see if that corrects it. The other alternative would be to take the tablet and receipt into your local Best Buy store to the Geek Squad desk for them to review the unit under the 1 Year manufacturer warranty.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Completely restoring the tablet to factory defaults and starting over seems to have corrected the issue! Maybe an update from before caused the issues? Thanks for your help!