Add Product

Search Results:

Motherboard / processor compatibility?

Ok guys got a tough one here for you. Is the Asus cm1630 motherboard compatible with the amd 1090t processor?

Valued Contributor

Re: Motherboard / processor compatibility?

@Wildman wrote:

Ok guys got a tough one here for you. Is the Asus cm1630 motherboard compatible with the amd 1090t processor?

In theory, yeah. In practice, probably not. CPUs are tricky in that they need BIOS support to recognize more advanced ones and the CPU could very well be blocked or hampered without proper BIOS support for it's hardware features. Plus you'd have to invest some serious money in that desktop to bring it up to snuff to perform well with that CPU. Overall, it's a bad idea to try it.

Bios version has been updated to the most recent, and the best i can tell should support 6 cores. As far as dough into this comp i have foolishly dumped loads of cash into it.LOL ya know, upgrade fever! 850 psu, 8gig memory,pny Gtx 460 oc, Antec one hundred one case, etc. I assume you mean it should work in theory due to the board being a AMD3 socket? I will let ya know if i was successful in my attempt to set and run this processor as it will arrive later today. If not, here i come Asus Republic of Gamers Crosshair IV Formula ATX Motherboard 2600MHz (Socket AM3! Which I'm sure you would agree is what i should have done from the start.
Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

Your last sentence made me laugh. I have ASUS RoG on my Facebook "likes" and they're always posting about the Crosshairs. I want one, but the one I have P6tDeluxe V2 works perfectly fine for now.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.