Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Microsoft Office download vs. product key card???

Hello,

I just purchased a Surface Pro 3 and would like to add Microsoft Office software on to it; but, I do not know the difference between the download version and the product key card version.

Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks!

Topics: 164
Kudos: 178
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 33

Re: Microsoft Office download vs. product key card???

I would be glad to explain the process to you.

1) On the download version you will be using the bestbuy digital library. From there it will give you a keycode and the site to go to ( or a direct link not sure which ) and you would enter that key into the software when asked.

2) If you buy the key card itself it will tell you in the package you purchase the site to go to to download the program and from there you would enter the key as well.

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.

Thanks AW Brown for the explanation...

Which is better to buy?

It's been so long since I purchased software....don't you receive a disk anymore?

If I don't use the download/product key.....Can I sell it?

What is the difference between Office 365 and Office Home & Business and Office Home & Student?

THanks!

I'm not sure if you are allowed to sell the key card... I'm pretty sure you can't either way. You may want to talk with your local bestbuy about that one.

office 365 is a subscription based one that i used more on tablets and such than anything else. I personally don't suggest it unless you have no other option. Home and Business has like outlook on it and such, the student version does NOT have outlook.

It can vary by your likes but I personally for the most part have gone all digital so I would always suggest digital downloads. I already buy all of my games digital.

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.
Valued Expert

If you happen to be employed in an office that has a number of licenses for MS Office. 

Then before you buy Office at a store do a google search for 

Microsoft HUP.   stands for Home Use Program.

You can get the entire suite of Office 2013 for $9.95 via digital download and you can install it on up to 2 machines.

Just follow the prompts.  You will need to use your work email.  If you qualify then you can purchase it and  you will receive an emial that will have a link to down load it at.

You will want to forward your work email to your home email an only click the link when you open the email on the computer you want to install it on.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

Here's my dilemma.....

I purchased a Surface Pro 3 and wanted to get Office on it; so, I purchased the download version of Office 365 from another web-site/store.  I did not know what I was purchasing.  I thought I was buying the CD to download on to my laptop and could also use the product key to download it on to the Surface Pro 3.   I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers.   It is when I received the email with the download instructions that I contacted the store and then was told what I had ordered and that I could not return it.

It turns out that I made a mistake.  I did not want a subscription for Office 365 and it turns out that I ordered it for 5 downloads.....  So.....I am trying to figure out what to do at this point.  I made a very costly mistake that I cannot afford.....

Thanks for any advise that anyone can give me.

Unfortunately, I don't know many options open to you. The "digital download and no refund policy" is pretty rock solid. As a person who outright refuses to buy 365 because it is subscription base I can absolutely relate to you though.

When an agent gets assigned to you hopefully he can give further information.