Add Product

Search Results:

MacBook not as described

When I first got my MacBook in 2017, it was labeled as ‘Latest Model’. Now I just found out that the laptop is an early 2015 model. I don’t have a warranty or anything but I’m just wondering what I can do about it.
Emerging Expert

Re: MacBook not as described

MAC laptop models do not change very quickly. What exact model number do you have?  It should be on the bottom someplace.

Looking at the timeline of Apple products there are a number that were introduced in 2016 that will still the Newest Model in 2017.  Including Mac Book Pro and Mac Book Air

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

It says A1466 and I got this laptop on April 2017. 

Emerging Expert

the A1466  was released on March 8th 2015 and was the Newest Model until June 5th 2017

So I would hazard to say that it was the "Latest Model" at the time of purchase.  

Please keep in mind it is Apple that has Best Buy put the words on their products. 

Latest Model is one of Apple's marketing techniques.  My current iPad is marked as the Latest Model when I purchased it in January. I looked at the list and it has been the Latest model since early 2018

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.