Add Product

Search Results:

Mac Screen 13' is broken

I have bought a MacBook 13' on 04/19/08 from New York, the computer felt and the screen is half broken. Can anyone advice me what can I do? Many thanks!
Recognized Member

Re: Mac Screen 13' is broken

Sorry to hear that. If you dont have an accidental warranty, then your out of luck. To have the LCD replaced/ repaired is costly. The good news though is, you can still use it by hooking it to an external monitor, but that defeats the purpose of a laptop.

If your handy enough you can replace it yourself and save some money, finding the replacement part is another thing...look online.

Re: Mac Screen 13' is broken

Thanks for the advice. The bad part is that I am in Europe right now and in my country Mac is not so popopular and I can not have it fixed here and I am going to S America in 2 weeks and the bad thing is that i heard there aren' t Mac stores there. However I will look on the net to see.. I don't mind paying, maybe even changing with another one, I just wanted to see if I can get any help from best buy as there are only few months since I bought it from there.  Too bad, I was addicted to it!