Add Product

Search Results:

Looking for advice in purchasing a laptop

I'm in the market for a laptop for my own personal at home use....emails, surfing, photos and music.  I was at Best Buy the other day and was interested an HP laptop (model DV 7-1025) but apparently this model is no longer in stock anywhere.  In looking online now, I'm wondering if theHP laptop with Intel processor (Model DV7-1285x) is comparable and will fit my needs?  Or does someone have a better suggestion?

Thanks!

Re: Looking for advice in purchasing a laptop

well this is going to be the best laptop you're going to find right now. This laptop has 6gb ddr2 memory and a 500gb hardrive. The highest your going to see on any other laptop is 4gb ddr2 memory and a 320gb hardrive. Also this computer has the largest screen size available on a laptop. The graphics card is a 9600 gt which is not the highest, but its deffinately a great graphics card considering the best you're going to find is a 9800 gt. also the computer has wireless N capablitly which is becoming a little more common on laptops, but it is still just another plus for htis computer. If you're going to buy a computer and you have the money, buy this one it is the best laptop on the market right now in my opinion. I work for best buy by the way thats how i knew all about this laptop.
Recognized Member

this is a really high end computer. comes with 6gb ram awesome for multitasking

hp and toshiba are best choices for music. hp comes with altec lensing speakers and toshiba comes with harman kardon speakers. they have the best sound quality for laptops

500gb allows you to store a lot of music files and photos and u won't have to worry about filling it up because that can store up to 100,000 music files

the intel centrino2 p8600 is one of the highest end processor u can get with a PC computer.

the 9600gt graphics a llows u ot watch videos without slowing down because they have their own dedicated memory, it won't take up ur system memory at all.

this laptop may be a little over kill but definitely guarantees power and speed, and won't be out dated for another 4 years.

Thank you!  I appreciate the feedback!

The best advice before you buy ANY laptop...go out and search for the brand you are looking at and see how many problems you can find.  Every brand will have problems, but try to weigh the number of problems and compare that way.  Bigger is not always better...quality is always better.