Add Product

Search Results:

Little Help Please

[ Edited ]

I bought a new lap top off of you guys not to long ago.Bought a home wireless/wifi security system and I'm having some trouble, am stuck! Can anyone tell me, well, I bought a , link--{removed per forum guidelines}720P-Wireless-NVR-Kit-P2P-HD-Outdoor-IR-CUT-Security-IP Camera-WIFI-CCTV-System-{removed per forum guidelines} from China.S I'm stuck, took the screw out took top off like it said to do, but I'm no Techie. I can get by, but not anymore. I now need to connect 2 wires,and don't see anywhere they could go. It says to " connect the HDD cable and power line. Assemble the screw and fix the HDD in the bottom of the NVR. Close cover. HELP!!! I've got a new Harley from my bf because someone damaged my own Harley! Sitting right in back of my house, sliced up my saddle bags, among other things. Anyone, please?

Re: Little Help Please

Sorry about the content I put in there. Guess I should have read, before just going off. I've had this thing for 2 days,paid over $200, and I'm just frustrated. I got a really good laptop from you guys last time, I always buy from you. Sorry again.
Topics: 1,116
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Please forgive me if I'm about to sound borderline rude, but my reply is not that intent as I don't know how to word this appropriately. 

I see you purchased a laptop from Best Buy. In reading your posting, you purchased a security system but we can't see the link here because the moderators removed it for violating the forums rules of what can and can't be posted here.

Did you purchase the security system from Best Buy? I'm failing to see how purchasing a laptop from Best Buy connects to your security system unless you purchased it from Best Buy themselves.

Had done a Google search for some of the words you had put in there, but I could not find any search results that would point me to the product. That's not to say that Best Buy does not sell it. 

I'm not no expert at security systems but if there is an HDD Cable it could be a variety of connections. It could be Micro USB to USB or a USB 2.0 Printer type cable. It sounds like a cable is needed to enable DVR functionality on the security system.

Because I'm unsure of the nature of your situation, The Geek Squad can offer you assistance in setting up this security system and link it to your computer for a fee but the prices for services vary depending on how complex your situation is and what you want done.

You can see more information here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/electronics/geek-squad/pcmcat138100050018.c?id=pcmcat138100050018

Sorry I can't be of much help. Hopefully someone along the line knows about security systems and can offer advice. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

RUDE?!? Not near as much as that moderator. He bounced me right out of that room, but after I saw his profile, I understood why! I hope n pray he's not in my Best Buy's!! On the floor anyway, I'd walk right out.

No, I didn't buy the security system from them, I'm not feeling up to going out and especially running into an ingnoramus like that. I just always deal with them, andI thought they or even someone like yourself, would know a little something I may have forgotten. Trust me, I called my very own techie, my son!!  LOL  BUT, he's got a real job, good paying job at that. They (my kids), got my brains thank god, but have been busy. You see, I WAS an honor roll student all thru school. I even went to computer school when everything wasn't as easy as it is now. I had DOS, I was 21 when I went. Then at 33, I had a cruel joke played on me, I had a brain aneurysm burst and lost most of my memory. This sucks!! LOL  Knowing how I was,and to not even be able to hook this system up,I thought maybe someone out there might have an answer for me...something stupid I'd missed probably. But to get talked down to by someone like that, I will never come here again for advice!

The system is supposed to have an HDD, so yes, you are right!! But when I pulled everything out, I could have sworn I had all the right # of pieces, cords, etc. But NOOOO!!! LMAO   Thanks so much, I have been blessed with techies in my life right now. I'm just impatient, and can't be watching the ignorant neighbors I've inherited. Do you know 1 bag from my old bike set cost $500?!?! Of which I don't have, but thank god for myterrible memory--I still had it fully covered and it was paid off! LOL    I don't need the Geek Squad, I have my own, besides....if they are anything like that BILL BBY guy, I wouldn't waste my gas to go there!!

See, someone like you would have been great to get for a 1st response. Thank you very much for being so kind!!

Smiley LOL   You'll probably never see me in here again anyway. That BILL is some spoiled child!!  TAKE CARE & THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Topics: 164
Kudos: 178
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 33

Hi Ta2dMom/Ta2dMom67

I am no expert when it comes to security cameras but from what I understand with IP cameras and NVR's you should have a UTP cable, a monitor cable that plugs into the NVR, the IP Cameras, and the NVR of course.

You should see a cable that is connected to the camera, this cable if you follow the cable houses a special PoE/PoN of sorts similar to ethernet ports you would plug in the UTP cable to this housing port connection and then plug the other sector to the NVR PoE/PoN ethernet area (normally there are 3-7 of these on the back of the NVR so just choose 1)

It should be noted that I am by no means a security expert when it comes to cameras but I have used them in the past for my business.

It should also be noted that there are several videos online which show how to set up IP cameras and may be worthwhile for you to watch if you have access.

Worse case scenario though I would suggest the same thing Hockey did and refer to Geek Squad

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/electronics/geek-squad/pcmcat138100050018.c?id=pcmcat138100050018

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.
Topics: 1,116
Kudos: 753
Solutions: 271

You are welcome for the reply. And please don't feel about that way when it comes to the forums. It was an easy mistake that is common when new members sign up for the forums on third party links. 

If you have anymore tech questions, these forums are a great place to ask them so we hope to see you again soon here.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Hi! Another friendly soul! I never expected the right answer at 1st, but I was so tired, just some idea maybe that I been missing. After my brain surgery, I say it takes time for things to "trickle" down sometimes!! LOL

I actually heard from E-Bay, and they want it shipped back. Because, you're right, I'm missing this piece--

"You should see a cable that is connected to the camera, this cable if you follow the cable

a special PoE/PoN of sorts similar to ethernet ports you would plug in the UTP cable to this housing port connection and then plug the other sector to the NVR PoE/PoN ethernet area (normally there are 3-7 of these on the back of the NVR so just choose 1)

SO, you did help, thank you very much!! THIS is what I expected when I came in here. My LAST resort is going to the Geek Squad & paying for something I don't have to. I have been buying from & dealing with Best Buy for many years & have yet to have that "great" experience yet.  I actually got a hold of my techie late last night. My son, who had his wisdom teeth pulled last Friday & never told his mother!! I will be seeing him soon. He wants to check the system out and see my new motorcycle. BUT, I will be shipping it back, as E-Bay sent me a message & they apparently have trouble with this person. He had a 98.8 rating, and I trusted him. Thank God for Pay Pal!

AND, if not for them, people like you and canuck!! I never thought to look online for a video on it. I did however check other sellers instructions. All the pieces are so called there, but thAT 1 you said. I even thought of that, but, it was Wi-Fi, so I thought maybe not.

Thank you very much again for your reply & you take care! After therapy today I will be shipping it back!

Hockey,

I'm not new to forums,at all. But, I've had to use them since my son moved out and this was the WORST 1 I've come across, he's out almost 3 years now. And with my brain injury, what's on my mind just comes right out my mouth @ times! My family hates it, but I don't mind it anymore!

I highly doubt I'll use this forum. God, I apologized right away!! But that kid was ALL over me. So, maybe I might again someday, just have to bite my tongue!!

Thanks again!! Take care!!

Thanks for re-posting original!! (or maybe I just couldn't find it, or anyone else for suggestions!) :-P I think you could learn a little from me. Think 1st before acting,have you had a major brain injury too??
Highlighted
Topics: 164
Kudos: 178
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 33

Good to hear we have resolved the issue. Smiley Happy

Just let us know if there ary other issues with the product.

-AWBrown.

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.