Add Product

Search Results:

Laptop for photographer ...best of black friday deals...link below

http://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/?category=computers+amp+tablets

I am looking to buy a laptop for photography business. Of the ones on the black friday sale, can u help with a suggestion please?
Topics: 1,115
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Re: Laptop for photographer ...best of black friday deals...link below

I see a lot of good choices but what is your budget?

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Anywhere from $600 to $1200. Thanks
Topics: 1,115
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

This one from HP is a little over $1200 its actually $1399 but it's one of the fewer laptops that have 4K resolution enabled on the back end of the graphics card

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-17-3-4k-ultra-hd-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-1tb-hdd-256gb-ssd-t...

This one has a 256gb Solid State Drive which means that you can bump around your laptop and you won't be prone to data loss compared to a moving part HDD. Keep in mind that very high resolution photos can add up quickly so you may see yourself maxing out the hard drive in no time unless you purchase an external hard drive to go along with your purchase.

You'll want to at least have a 1600x900 resolution minimum, anything else and you're cheating yourself out of a workable space on the screen. I think if you go a little higher past $800 you may find some ones you like.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Valued Contributor

Personally I prefer a large screen (17" at least), much ram as I can get and preferably a dedicated graphics card. I still use a Dell Studio 17 from 2008 for my photography. Other than the hinges going bad (easy to replace by user and Dell DOES sell laptop parts to customers and has the service manuals online, something many other manufacturers refuse to do) its been a great laptop.

From the flyer, the MSI for $1250ish would be the one I'd choose. I normally avoid HP/Compaq due to past issues with them and their tech support.