Add Product

Search Results:

Laptop as Desktop

I bought a Toshiba Satallite A305 about 2 months ago! I really enjoy the laptop but now I need a desktop type model. I would like to take my laptop and turn it into a desktop somehow. I have seen the laptop stands but I want a separate keyboard and mouse. Is it possible to hook up my laptop to a moniter and use it more as a desktop? What is my best option? Please help?!?!?!
Topics: 1,113
Kudos: 752
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Re: Laptop as Desktop

[ Edited ]

This is actually quite common in todays world of computing. You can take a CRT or LCD with a VGA cable and plug it into your laptop. You can use 2 screens at once, or use only the external display. All you would need then is a USB Keyboard and Mouse.

If you have PS/2 style keyboard and mice , you will need a USB to PS2 converter. 

Your laptop manual will show you how to enable the external monitor that you plugged in.

Message Edited by hockeycanuckjc on 11-26-2008 09:05 PM
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

English please!!! I am not that computer literate so that all sounds greek!!!Smiley Indifferent

Hint - there is a $99 LCD monitor being sold this Friday at Best Buys black friday sale Smiley Happy
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

[ Edited ]
great deal!
Message Edited by auctionmaster on 11-27-2008 12:02 AM
Highlighted

@macka wrote:
English please!!! I am not that computer literate so that all sounds greek!!!Smiley Indifferent

I apologize.

You know how to hook up a monitor right? On the left side of your laptop there is the same plug to hook up a monitor as there is on a desktop computer. You plug in your flat panel or big bulky square type monitor into there. its usually a cord with a blue end on it. 

Now for your Keyboard and mouse, your computer has what they call "USB Ports" All you need is a USB Keyboard and a USB mouse, and then you are desktop bound!

(Of course you have to hookup a monitor too!)