Add Product

Search Results:

Laptop Help ASUS G73Jh

I recently bought an ASUS G72 from my local BestBuy. I'm loving the laptop, but the whole computer freezes and will not do anything randomly. Mouse don't work, can't type, can't AltCtrlDel, nothing, so I have to force restart it. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, fully updated. Also, I have a wireless Logitech M305 mouse and it will randomly not work. Battery is fine, red laser light is on, but it will not move my mouse. I can use the laptop touch mouse just fine. I can restart the laptop and the mouse will begin working correctly again. What would cause my laptop to suddenly freeze, and why does my mouse stop working? Also I use Trend Micro Titanium and have scanned several times, no virus.

Valued Contributor

Re: Laptop Help ASUS G73Jh

Faulty hardware or corrupted software. Run the onboard diagnostic through the BIOS if there is one and see what that tells you. Test both the memory and the HDD.

How do I do that?

Topics: 329
Kudos: 149
Solutions: 606

If you recently bought it bring it back in to the store and have an agent assist you.

Crystal
Superuser
Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | What is a Superuser?
*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star to give kudos to show your thanks!*
While I used to be a Best Buy Employee, I no longer have any affiliation with Best Buy.
My opinions do not in any way shape or form represent Best Buy's Official decisions.

I'll try. When I said local, I meant the closest BestBuy, which is a 30 minute drive. lol Wouldn't be bad if gas prices weren't as high as they are, but I'll definatly try within the next week. I'm pretty sure I bought it in Feburary.

Topics: 329
Kudos: 149
Solutions: 606

You are inside of the manufacturers warranty so they will take a look at it. If it turns out to be a software related issue they will talk to you about charges to repair software issues as they aren't covered, but they can run the tests on all the hardware to see what is going on and make sure it is or isn't hardware.

Crystal
Superuser
Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | What is a Superuser?
*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star to give kudos to show your thanks!*
While I used to be a Best Buy Employee, I no longer have any affiliation with Best Buy.
My opinions do not in any way shape or form represent Best Buy's Official decisions.
Topics: 292
Kudos: 171
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 81

Alternate solutions based on an assumption that there isn't a hardware issue (things you can try till you get into the store):

1. Disable start up programs. Go to START, then in the box you can type in that pops up, type in MSCONFIG. Go to the STARTUP TAB and click on DISABLE ALL. Go back up on the list and put a checkmark back on your antivirus. Click on APPLY and OK, and restart the system. Check to see if this resolves it.

2. Move your USB adapter for your mouse to a different USB slot, which will force a reload of the driver onto that slot. Test. If still occuring, get a fresh copy of the software from the manufacture's website. 

3. Backup your system (use an external harddrive or online source (preferred)) and reload your system using your Restore DVD's. If it is a software issue, that will most likely resolve it. If it still occurs, you know that it's probably hardware. 

s.gifI am a Bestbuy employee who volunteers on these boards on my own time. I am not paid for posting here, and you should understand that my opinions are exactly that - opinions. I do not represent Bestbuy in any way.
: Open Mailbox