Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Topics: 292
Kudos: 171
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 81

Re: Keyboard Replacement

iamfromhouston provided some really good information regarding that installation. I hope that makes it much easier to put it in.

Real obstacle you have to overcome is - don't be afraid. Just take it slow and careful, like building a model - but far less sticky. Smiley Happy

s.gifI am a Bestbuy employee who volunteers on these boards on my own time. I am not paid for posting here, and you should understand that my opinions are exactly that - opinions. I do not represent Bestbuy in any way.
: Open Mailbox
Highlighted
Vendor Participant

Roseane,

Glad to see that you called for a quote and thanks for the advice and encouragement you have been given on the Best Buy Forum.  Have you had a chance to review the private email I sent you?  In case you are unable to replace the keyboard yourself, the email provides you with an HP option.  Clicking on the grey envelope of the top of this page will take you to the private email folder in this Forum.

Regards,

Priscilla, HP Social Media Ambassador
Highlighted

I watch the video on how to replace a key o your keyboard, check YouTube. Mine was specifically for HP. I still have an inclination would like to go on a safe side. Is not a major key, is on the numeric values, the dash - key.
Geek squad, any ideas how much to replace??
Highlighted
Topics: 1,140
Kudos: 568
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 278

@SoMeAm-HP used to frequent these forums but now I have not seen them in quite some time! Hope they are okay. 

In the mean time if your computer is broken, chances are they can fix anything. You can inquire about their services here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/electronics/geek-squad/pcmcat138100050018.c?id=pcmcat138100050018

You can also bring in your unit into any Geek Squad in store and they will give you an estimate as well. Please note that to take a look at the computer, you may be charged a diagnostic fee. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted
Vendor Participant

Hello @AdiAri and @hockeycanuckjc

Since our process for supporting the Best Buy Forum has changed, thanks to @hockeycanuckjc for pinging me since there is no reply from our company.  Since customers cannot provide their own parts for an HP repair, and since you are reluctant to replace the keyboard yourself, it is best that you take it to the Geek Squad or other third party repair organization in your area.  Thanks very much for the valuable link provided by @hockeycanuckjc.  You will see that stated, "We're fix it no matter where you bought it."  Much success in getting your keyboard replaced.

Priscilla, HP Social Media Ambassador