Add Product

Search Results:

Item discontinue notification?

Good evening.

This is a bit of a silly question, but I'm looking at getting some items next year as I'm already capped for my elite status and not in a big rush to purchase now. One of the items I'm looking at getting is the Predator x32 monitor which is a bit of a niche monitor and am afraid that it may become discontinued when I want to actually pull the trigger. Is there any tell tale signs that an item will go the path of the dodo or is it just a gamble? I'd really like to buy through BB to continue my point banking, elite status, and warranties.

Thanks in advance.

Valued Expert

Re: Item discontinue notification?

When a product is being discotinued it will normally be marked as clearance on the web site.

I would suggest making a book mark to the monitor you want and check it every couple of days.

Some companies will specially mark an item based on the CENTS in the price

.99 being a normal for sale item etc.

I think BB used to adhere to this but does not any longer

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Topics: 55
Kudos: 44
Solutions: 140

Hi otherworldview,

Bobberuchi is correct that items being discontinued are often marked as Clearance on BestBuy.com. If there's a specific item you're interested in, you can call directly into a store and check the status of that item (e.g., on sale, clearance). Keep in mind that no employee can give exact stock quantities, nor can we speak to the last day an item will be sold.

I hope this helps, and best of luck getting these items! Smiley Happy

I am a former Best Buy employee. While here to help, the opinions presented by me on this site do not represent the views or decisions of Best Buy and its affiliates. Authorized company representatives identified with -BBY after their names are able to address specific concerns or inquiries in greater detail.

Remember to Kudo a post if you like it, or Accept As Solution if it answers your query!

Topics: 1,582
Kudos: 787
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 329

How about getting a Best Buy credit card and earn even more points for that monitor purchase? Smiley Happy That way you don't have to pay all of it up front. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Valued Expert

I put every purchase from BB on my BB card.  I make massive points on it.  And when I make a LARGER purchase I have the luxury of zero interest.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.