Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Topics: 1,116
Kudos: 623
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

It looks like Best Buy is not selling the eMachines EL1200-01e anymore...

Even though this computer is not for gaming, its an ideal vista box with the right amount of memory. The best thing about this is that with any version of Vista you install on this box, everything on your computer is automatically supported out of the box without extra user interaction to install the drivers. The NFORCE motherboard inside was obviously designed for Windows Vista.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted

Re: It looks like Best Buy is not selling the eMachines EL1200-01e anymore...

Ha. Looks like you  & I & about a dozen others are members of this little clubSmiley Very Happy
Highlighted

There is yet another new BIOS out for it today. They need a firmware update for the DVD Drive because some SECUROM applications will not initialize properly on that firmware.

I was told by SECUROM support that it has to do with NVIDIAs NFORCE drivers or SATA controller.

Doesnt happen on a fresh install of XP or Vista, just emachines version of that.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Haven't had to worry about secur-rom apps so no prob there. Is your optical drive noisy as a fanjet when reading/writing? Mine is, tho the rest (HDD, PS) just emits a quiet 60 cycle hum.
Message Edited by 4d3fect on 12-11-2008 10:30 AM
Highlighted

It depends on the type of disc in the drive. Some discs with thicker paint then others will make louder noises.