Add Product

Search Results:

Topics: 1,115
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271
Accepted Solution

Is your computer protected against viruses?

With so many users of the Internet today, there are lots of security threats developing by the minute. Maybe some of you have gotten a virus, others lucky. The truth about this matter is that there is a lot more users then you think that use expired Antivirus software because they cannot afford to renew their subscriptions. In this world of a poor economy I know how much it can hurt.

Fear Not!

There are many Antivirus programs out there that are free to use and update on a daily basis. Keep in mind that these free programs are provided as is, but without premium technical support.

Some of the most popular programs are :

AVG Antivirus

Avira Antivir Personal Edition

Avast! Antivirus 4.8

ClamAV (Manual scanning , open source Antivirus Program however)

There may be more out there, but the fact that its free, bring peace of mind to the everyday internet surfer knowing their computer will be protected without breaking the bank. Of course if you cannot install or properly configure these programs, your local Best Buy GS team can help you for a fee!

For more information, visit Cnet Download.com at the link below to explore more FREE options:

http://www.download.com/windows/security-software/1921-2023_4-0.html?tag=pm

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Re: Is your computer protected against viruses?

[ Edited ]

Three AV programs I would reccommend that are all completely free-

AVG Free

Ad-Aware 2008

Spy Bot S & D

edit- I also want to say that anti-virus programs like McAffee and Norton are memory hogs and not only that, but they don't even work as effectively as programs like AVG or avast!

Message Edited by SquallBK on 11-28-2008 10:07 PM

Im in agreement.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Does anyone know why I cant uninstall AVG.  Please help!!!
Highlighted

This is going to sound a little funny and might not make sense Smiley Tongue

But I have been through this situation a few times with AVG. The only solution is to reinstall the application and then remove it from there.