Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Is there a way for things like this to run?

I bought a Dell Inspiron 15.6” Touch Screen Intel Core i3 8gb laptop. I tried to download Dauntless and play it but my laptop won’t support it. I’ve narrowed it down to the core not being the minimal i5 after reading through. I bought this laptop to play some games on it like Skyrim, Dauntless, Minecraft, etc. Whatever works. And to also use it for digital art programs to practice and everything. I’m not sure if my laptop will be able to support some of the things I want to run and use if it isn’t able to even run Dauntless. Is there a way to switch the core i3 to an i5 or i7? Will my laptop even support that? Do I need to buy a completely different motherboard if it’s one that has the core in the motherboard? Thank you and I hope I can get some helpful answers on this.
Highlighted

Re: Is there a way for things like this to run?

Forgot to mention that I bought the laptop because I’m on a budget and it seemed good for its price. I know I won’t be able to run a whole lot on it but it’d be nice to run a few things. Is there a way without switching out the core or is that the only solution?
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Is there a way for things like this to run?

It's more likely that it doesnt have a dedicated video chip like a gaming laptop. We would need the full model number to give you any information.