Add Product

Search Results:

Internet Radio Connection

I purchased an internet radio for my son and he cannot use a router in his dorm room.  The back of the radio has an LAN port.  Here's my question.  How do I hook up the radio with just his wired Ethernet cable?  What do I need to purchase s he can get this hooked up?

Re: Internet Radio Connection

First question is why can't he use a router in his dorm room? Can he not have a router, or can he not have a wireless router?

If he can't use a router in his dorm room, he'll have to get an additional network card, wire that to the box and turn on internet connection sharing (ICS).

-------------------
The views expressed in this post are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Best Buy's. But you can expect them to make you chuckle.
PCHO Sales Representative - Tualatin, Oregon.
Topics: 292
Kudos: 171
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 81

The dorm is probably already splitting out the connection using some sort of internal network. In which case, if there is a plug in the wall, hook it up directly to the internet radio using a standard network cable available at Best Buy (or pretty much anywhere, honestly). Just ask for a network cable when you walk into the store.

s.gifI am a Bestbuy employee who volunteers on these boards on my own time. I am not paid for posting here, and you should understand that my opinions are exactly that - opinions. I do not represent Bestbuy in any way.
: Open Mailbox
Topics: 292
Kudos: 171
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 81

Also, I'd advise speaking to the IT department of the school, as they may have specific requirements or settings that we couldn't possibly be aware of.

s.gifI am a Bestbuy employee who volunteers on these boards on my own time. I am not paid for posting here, and you should understand that my opinions are exactly that - opinions. I do not represent Bestbuy in any way.
: Open Mailbox