Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Inquiry regarding an upcoming laptop called G14

Hello everyone,

Recently in CES 2020, ASUS revealed one of their latest laptop called Zephyrus G14. Rumours suggests that the release date is coming around the corner, at the end of this month in some cases. Anyways, I was just wondering if Best Buy is planning to add this product to their lineup, otherwise I'll just buy it at Amazon. I'd really love it if Best Buy somehow is able to get it to their lineup though because dare I say, it will be the most sought gaming laptop for this year due to its new CPU that rivals even a recent desktop CPU. 

I tried asking an employee at my local BestBuy but it seems they were too busy trying to get sales -- I'm aware it's no longer commision based but nevertheless, the employees don't have any clue whatsoever about the products they are trying to sell; I've gone offtopic, thats another topic for another day. 

The following is a link for the product in ASUS official website: G14 

If the person managing the lineup is reading this somehow, feel free to reply and I will convince you to add it. I really don't wanna buy it at Amazon, I'd prefer Best Buy because of the ease of return if there's ever an RMA. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and have a good day

Highlighted

Re: Inquiry regarding an upcoming laptop called G14

[ Edited ]

While I'm at it, I was also wondering if there's plan to add other laptops right now. To be more specific, I'm mainly looking at Aero 15 (essentially a hybrid between proffesional and gaming laptop due to its high quality screen) alongsides Eluktronics lineup. The reason why I'm curios about the Eluktronics lineup especially is the multiple praises that it get from Youtubers tech reviewers from the likes of Linus Tech Tips, Dave Lee all the way to Jarrod's Tech. 

{removed per forum guidelines}

I really wish I'm able to converse to the person who picks the gaming laptop's lineup because I have a lot of suggestions...

Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Best Buy tends to carry just about every Asus computer, if not in stock at least it can be ordered.

Sounds like a sweet machine but personally there is no way a 14" laptop will be a most sought after gaming computer. 

And I would caution you. When you read the link you posted it specifies the most powerful 14" Gaming laptop.  Kind of a small claim as there are not a lot of 14" gaming laptops out there.

Also the laptop only has a GTX 1660 Ti.  2 to 3 years ago that was rocking your world GPU. 

Personally for $1600 I think you could purchase a significantly more powerful gaming laptop

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Highlighted
Emerging Expert

I looked at it again and I see they have a different version that does sport an RTX 2060. That would be a lot more in line wiht a powerful gaming laptop.

I have a 2060 on my computer and it rocks the world

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Highlighted

That laptop looks certainly good but its kinda small:

Highlighted

In regards to the size, yeah it's pretty small but there's another version with 15 inch instead but this one won't have the AniME Matrix screen. In any case, both laptops will have adaptive sync so you can plug it in to a monitor if ever. 

People tend to buy 15 inches more versus 17 anyways!

In regards to the GPU, yeah there's a rtx 2060 version alongsides a 1660ti. All prices are speculations right now too. I guess they realize that anything higher than 2060 will end up overheating especially on how small the chassis is for G14/G15 as well as other manufacturers.

There's no reply from Best Buy yet? Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Emerging Expert

I had a 15" and it was horribly small for games like Assassins Creed or any other game that was not linear track.  I went with 17" and it is a huge difference.  

My earlier error, I have RTX 2070 Q Max.  the Qmax is built to run in a smaller frame like a laptop. Though it does not have the performance of a Full size 2070.  This laptop also is full SSD and that helps a lot with heat.

Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Regarding your mention adaptive sync.  I think if you do that option you may want to go full bore and do a docking station.

I am thinking for my next Laptop I am going to rebuild my computer room and put in dual monitors and a docking station. So I can still take my laptop places but have a better gaming experince wtih the monitor and a nice steel keyboad. etc...

the specs on the G14 are impressive but keep your head about you when the price comes out and compare apple to pears etc..

Asus makes really good gaming rigs, but so do Alienware, Dell, MSI, and I have heard good things about the Razer.  Though I think the Razers are a little on the pricy side.

You could also save money by going with 16gb of RAM.  Most games will not make use of that much.  Though a few years ago they were pushing 8 gb as and now they are looking at 12 gb as a good start.

Highlighted

My Korin backpack only holds 15 inches and less than that so 17 inches is not an option. I bought my backpack specifically for security purposes ($150 backpack whew!) so I can't get a 17 inches. 

Thankfully I play mostly RTS and I actually don't mind small screen. 

2070 MAX Q is essentially almost the same as a normal 2060, again the laptop manufacturers are slowly realizing that anything higher than 2060 will heat up too much, above 90 degrees. 

Yep but I do have problems with the other brands. Let me list them really quick:

Alienware, they have great support and RMA but their recent laptop, M15R2 has soldered ram, no thank you. 

MSI, decent laptop but all over the internet, they're having bad quality control especially their GS series, really unforunate as I was about to buy GS65. 

Razer is apparently the apple of gaming laptop and a lot of people review about it but their cooling is really bad as well as their reliability, ever heard of razer lottery? 

That's why I'm sticking with ASUS (they also have their problem but not as bad as others) and maybe even Eluktronics, the underdog of the gaming laptop manufacturers. I believe it will come with 16GB as base, who knows if its 8x2 stick or just 16x1. I'll most likely get a 16gb ram and 512gb ssd option alongsides RTX 2060 if they have the option.

Highlighted

Also, ASUS is the first one to include AMD 4000 series which blows Intel out of the water. We're talking about the 4800HS beating a i7-7700k (a desktop CPU!).

With the advent of the future console getting 8 cores, we will see more games incorporate multi-thread which is a plus for the 4000 series CPU.