Add Product

Search Results:

I was wondering can you get internet on your laptop without having internet at your house.

I was wondering can you get internet put on your labtop without having internet at your house. Like if i went into best buy and bought a laptop and put internet on it do i have to have internet at my house to use the internet?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: I was wondering can you get internet on your laptop without having internet at your house.

Internet is a service you have to subscribe to. You need a method to get it on your laptop.

You don't actually put internet on a computer, tablet, or phone. You use programs to access the internet.

One way is to get a device that can use a cellular data plan.  it would then access internet date the same as your phone.  

More commonly people get internet on their computer via Wi-Fi. This is a wireless method.  However, in order to have to get Wi-Fi you have to have the internet come into a location and then transmitted in Wi-Fi.

This would in essence be a more effective method then getting a cellular plan.

You can also take your laptop to places that offer free Wi-Fi and access the internet that way. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Topics: 1,046
Kudos: 768
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 256

Re: I was wondering can you get internet on your laptop without having internet at your house.

All you need is an internet hotspot that will delivery Wifi to your house. Otherwise if you take the laptop with you, there are many places that offer free wifi. The library offers free Wifi too. Mobile Broadband plans vary in price. Some broadband units you can purchase at a discount but the data is never unlimited. Boost Mobile has a deal with Comcast to give you Prepaid internet for around $49 per month which is unlimited internet.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***