Add Product

Search Results:

I need several USB ports. Is a USB splitter the only way to go about doing that?

Hello everyone,,

I bought all my doodads first and realized last night while about to slap some money down on a case that it only had two USB 2.0 ports. Well between my mouse, keyboard, headphones, and external hard drive, I'll need at least 3.

Valued Contributor

Re: I need several USB ports. Is a USB splitter the only way to go about doing that?

Give us a sku of what you want to buy. Sometimes there have USB c ports and you can use an adapter.
Emerging Expert

Re: I need several USB ports. Is a USB splitter the only way to go about doing that?

A problem you may run into is USB Ports need to be powered. 

If you connect a splitter to a port it may not have enough power to supply all the ports.

What do you have?  Laptop, Desktop etc.

If you have a Deskstop you may be able to add a USB Card and get several USB ports. 

Another option may be to purchase a keyboard that has a USB port on it. You can plug the mouse or the dongle for your headphones into it. 

I have monitors that also have 2 USB ports on them and that works very good as well. 

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Emerging Expert

If you happen to have a USB-C port on your computer or a Thunderbolt you may want to consider returing the External HDD and getting one that plugs into USB-C

You can get a 2 TB external drive for USB-C

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.