Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

I need a laptop,using QuickBooks and need a DVD/CD drive

I need a laptop for a small non profit business. I will be using QuickBooks and need a DVD/CD drive
Emerging Expert

Re: I need a laptop,using QuickBooks and need a DVD/CD drive

Most laptops will have sufficient processing power to run quickbooks.  However, I would caution towards getting one wiht a Windows Operation stytem 

You will see Windows, Mac OS and Chrome OS.  Windows is going to be the most compatable with Quick Books.  Well to be fair there is Quickbooks for Mas OS but they cose a lot more money.

If you navigatge to computers and laptops and select PC Laptops you should result with Windows Laptops.

This is where you now need to be a little more careful.  A lot of new smaller laptops do not have a CD/DVD drive.

Most that do not have the drive should have a message displayed on the page such as 

• Note: DVD/CD drive not included

Here are a few choices that I think would work well for your situation that are available for pick up today.

Dell Inspirion

HP Touch Screen

There are other choice availble online that can be ordered.  If you go into a store and let the associate know you need a Windows based laptop with a CD/DVD drive they should be able to easily direct you to what they have on hand.  Keep in mind there are more choices available online.  

Best of luck with your non profit.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Topics: 1,116
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

I would suggest picking up a 32 GB flash drive for your new hardware purchae as if your unit ever fails, you will have a backup of it.

Additionally it's very important to check if the hard drive can be replaced by the user. Many new budget laptops now are not allowing easy access to the hard drive and memory bays and it's going to be a problem if you want to upgrade those.

That's a big deal to many.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Thanks for the reply an good wishes!Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply!  Smiley Happy