Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

I just heard about this "possibility" today

I was told on anouther board that a faulty product could be returned Best Buy (yes, it was Best Buy) could be returned to the store of purchase even if it was a few years old due to the fact it wound up being a lemon.

I don't think this is true.. is it?

Highlighted
Topics: 1,140
Kudos: 568
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 278

Re: I just heard about this "possibility" today

Do you have a link to your source? Otherwise I highly doubt this would be true.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted
Recognized Member

it would only occur if:

you purchased the Protection Service Plan/Protection Replacement Plan

the product is a lemon (your product needed more than 3 repairs)

your product is not serviceable

then u can return it back to the store, if it's qualified for a PSP/PRP exchange, they'll give you a similar product (most comparable to the technology)

Highlighted

U_hsen,

answers in order of your questons

1.yes

2.yes

3. What do you mean "serviceable"?

I believe we have a "special plan" that was an added benefit if purchased at the time of the laptop.

What is the PSP/PRP exchange.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Topics: 1,140
Kudos: 568
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 278

If you think you have a prp / psp plan visit the store you bought and have them look it up. They can only do this you paid by credit or debit or reward card.

forgive my spelling i am typing this out on my new acer aspire one.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted
Recognized Member

bring it into your best buy store to customer service. they'll look it up to see if the product is still within the protection period.

if it is, they will diagnose in geek squad to see what's going. if it's covered by the performance service plan or the performance replacement plan, they'll see if they can send out for repair first.

serviceable = if it can be repaired.

if it's serviceable they'll send it out for repair. if it's not serviceable, they'll give u a product. don't expect to get the full amount that u paid for back. instead they'll give u a more comparable item. maybe the lowest end product now if it's technology is comparable to what u got back then.