Add Product

Search Results:

Topics: 1,530
Kudos: 748
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

I got an early present : The Acer Aspire One A150 Netbook

I got one with a 160gb HDD and man oh man I am having fun with it. I realize its supposed to be a portable computing travel companion but because of the specs, dont write it off as not being able to play games. I bought an external Samsung DVD Burner with Lightscribe and plugged it into this netbook. Being the technology enthusiast I am, I decide to install NHL 09 for the heck of it. After about 14 minutes when the thing installs, I proceed to launch the game. What was the results? I had playstation 2 quality gaming right on a 9 inch screen! Not only did the game play very respectably at 800x600 with all the details on, it felt like I was playing a bigger version of the Sony Playstation portable.

This thing runs so well that I am really wanting to dump this desktop I am typing on , and hook up this netbook to an external monitor, get a USB to PS/2 adapter, and then plug in the audio into the audio input jack on my monitor.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Topics: 114
Kudos: 61
Solutions: 17

Re: I got an early present : The Acer Aspire One A150 Netbook

Hey hockeycanuckjc!

This sounds great! Imagine hooking one up to a projector or large LCD and surround sound!

Matthew|Community Advocate | Best Buy® CorporateVisit our Channel on
Topics: 367
Kudos: 18
Blog Posts: 8
Solutions: 267

Nice!!! Congratulations on the netbook! My daughter has been inquiring about one, but I was not sure as to how it would perform. I am glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Dorothy
Community Connector
Best Buy® Corporate
Dorothy|Social Media Supervisor | Best Buy® Corporate
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!
Topics: 1,530
Kudos: 748
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

I wont tell where you get them, but for those people who like to download "Classic Arcade and Console Games " This unit runs them fine.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Hey hockey, I'm a Canadian hockey player too (well, I don't get on the ice much any more) - I sure hope you don't get jerked over by bb like we have on 3 separate occasions, I would hate to see a fellow Canadian get treated the way we have been.

Recognized Member

I had mine for 4 months now. I like it, very portable and light. The 160gig comes with 6 cell battery which last for a little more than 4 hours of fun. I installed internal bluetooth and 1 gig ram (now with 1.5 gig including the 512mb onboard). I use it to browse net all the time, tethering to my cell phone via bluetooth. I can watch my cable channels from home anywhere,streaming thru internet, watch the house while away using closed circuit cameras installed at home. So i'm enjoying it so far. Smiley Happy