Add Product

Search Results:

How do I reformat my Acer laptop?

i have no idea what to do. i lost my Acer Empowering Tec. password and i need to reformat my laptop so that i can reboot it so that it will work like i first brought it. I want to erase everything on it and start all over. Can anyone help

Re: How do I reformat my Acer laptop?

Depends if you have an original Windows (95, 98, ME, NT, XP, Vista) install CD or a PC manufacture recovery disk?
Contributor

Manufactor does not supply recovery disks, if they supplied anything, it would be a recovery partition, unless you had GeekSquad create the disks for you.

Well...I will give you the best answer based on my own experience since all I buy are Acer laptops.  The first thing I usually do is take off the Acer Empowering Tech stuff.  I call it "bloated toad" ware.  But, if you really want it, it can be downloaded from the Acer website and reinstalled after you uninstall the version on your machine.  This should clean you up without having to reformat your hard drive.

Another thought...you should have been prompted when you started your computer the very first time to create your recovery disks.  That is how Acer does it.  I hope you did do that?