Add Product

Search Results:

Help in choosing a router to connect our Wii

We have a 2,100sq ft house.  We currently have the Linksys E1000 router and cannot connect our Wii to the internet.  The router is downstairs w/our desktop @ one end of the house.  The Wii is in our room over the garage @ the other end of the house.  I can connect the Wii to the router, just cant get on the itnernet using the Wii to get Netflix, play online etc.  I'm thinking that maybe our router isn't strong enough.  I didn't think we had a "large" house and this router would work.  Hubby & I are not the best w/technology so any suggestions you can offer would be really appreciated.

Valued Contributor

Re: Help in choosing a router to connect our Wii

@skatermom wrote:

@we have a 2,100sq ft house.  We currently have the Linksys E1000 router and cannot connect our Wii to the internet.  The router is downstairs w/our desktop @ one end of the house.  The Wii is in our room over the garage @ the other end of the house.  I can connect the Wii to the router, just cant get on the itnernet using the Wii to get Netflix, play online etc.  I'm thinking that maybe our router isn't strong enough.  I didn't think we had a "large" house and this router would work.  Hubby & I are not the best w/technology so any suggestions you can offer would be really appreciated.

If it can connect to the network and the signal strength is good (you will see it in the signal strength indicator in the Wii menu), then it's just your router settings that need to be configured to work with the Wii.

How do I configure the router to work with the Wii???

Valued Contributor

@skatermom wrote:

How do I configure the router to work with the Wii???

You're gonna have to get someone to take a look at it who knows what they are doing. The router control panel can tell you whether or not the Wii is being recognized by the router.