Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Help! HDMI Splitter With Down Scaler (1x2 prefered but anything helps)

Im looking for an HDMI splitter with down scaler. 1x2 (1 display input & 2 display outputs for 2 screens at once but with seperate resolutions. I want one resolution to be 4K HDR 30/60 Frames Per Second and the other to be as low as 720p 30/60 Frames Per Second to be supported. I am using this for a gaming setup with an Elgato capture card. I would like to play my games in 4K HDR 30/60. Frames Per Second but use the Elgato for streaming at 30/60 Frames Per Second at 720p on the 2nd screen HDMI slot. This device would allow me to game on 1 screen.

This is how it would be hooked up. My PC tower has 2 HDMI ports in/out. Basically I would take the output pc HDMI port to the splitter input slot while my PC resolution is 4K, then from the splitter 1st HDMI output I would route to my 4K TV ( normally a monitor ) , then the 2nd HDMI output on the splitter with HDMI into the Elgato HDMI input & on the Elgato HDMI output another HDMI run from there to my PC HDMI Input port.

Now all I have to do is set up my stream in Streamlabs OBS with specific setup (It is easy no description needed) & I am gaming on 1 screen “a 4K TV” with chat overlay while gaming so I can play and still read chat.

—————————————
60HZ is the same as 60 FPS

30HZ is the same as 30 FPS
—————————————
Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Re: Help! HDMI Splitter With Down Scaler (1x2 prefered but anything helps)

IF you have 2 HDMI outputs why not simply hook each monitor up to a different HDMI port.

then set up for 2 displays in Display Settings and set the resolution you want on each monitor

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Your tower has an hdmi in? I've only seen those on all in ones so the screen could be used for an xbox or whatever.
Highlighted

It has 1 for input only and 1 for output only
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Swapping the video card for somthing with more hdmi ports might be the most practical. Unless you have a dvi port open. That's basically hdmi without audio
Highlighted

Case closed. I ended up buying the 4k 60 Elgato MK2 and achieved what I was trying to do with a dual monitor setup. Now I can game in 4k on my big screen tv and use a monitor for my stream overlays & etc.