Add Product

Search Results:

HP Pavillion dv2000- wireless indicator light stays orange in any position..

[ Edited ]

Home network is fine. No issues connecting to xbox or other wireless devices. When I click on connect to wireless connection, it says it doesnt see any.

Any ideas?

Message Edited by Lucy on 11-23-2008 03:44 PM
Topics: 1,114
Kudos: 755
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Re: HP Pavillion dv2000- wireless indicator light stays orange in any position..

Are you experiencing connectivity issues on your laptop or in general? It sounds like that the configuration utility might be disabled on a software level as opposed to on a hardware level.

Ill need some additional information and or clarification about your situation, please Smiley Happy

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Re: HP Pavillion dv2000- wireless indicator light stays orange in any position..

[ Edited ]

not sure if the problem is fixed yet or not but when that happened to me i was told that the wirless network adapter, which picks up the wireless signals from the router was fried, and needed replaced.

Message Edited by cubsfan1718 on 11-24-2008 12:35 AM
Highlighted

No connectivity issues. I've also checked my wireless card using device manager. Says it's working and there are no driver updates.