Add Product

Search Results:

HP Omen Fan

Hey guys I am just wondering how much it would cost to install  fan 929455-001

Valued Contributor

Re: HP Omen Fan

you would need to make an appointmet with geek squad, pay the min. fee (used to be around 80$) and they would send it off to be repaired and let you know if it will cost any more before they fix it.

note: if its like the other omens ive taken apart it may be missing the rubber strips (feet) on the bottom when you get it back. they cover screws and last i checked HP doesnt have a part number to replace them

Topics: 1,222
Kudos: 711
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 295

I agree. A lot of models of the gaming variety or just every day use , you used to be able to take them apart easily and upgrade them. Now they are making items non removable or just plain nasty to work with and upgrade!

@nckhammond wrote:

you would need to make an appointmet with geek squad, pay the min. fee (used to be around 80$) and they would send it off to be repaired and let you know if it will cost any more before they fix it.

note: if its like the other omens ive taken apart it may be missing the rubber strips (feet) on the bottom when you get it back. they cover screws and last i checked HP doesnt have a part number to replace them

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Valued Contributor

Ya, the hp service manual for the omen says "replace rubber strips with new after removal". I called HP for the part number to order them because they didnt list one. There isnt a part number even thou HP says they will need replaced in thier manual, lol.