Add Product

Search Results:

HP Laptop Screen Break

[ Edited ]

My HP Laptop screen with serial No. {removed per forum guidelines} broke a few days ago. How much would it cost to get a new screen? Any idea?

Himanshu {removed per forum guidelines}

Topics: 1,115
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Re: HP Laptop Screen Break

@SoMeAm-HP may be able to reach out to you with cost. If you buy the part yourself you may be able to save on labor and repairs. If you have a professional do it, it's time to replace the unit with another. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Regular Contributor

In my area if the mid west it would be around 125 -150$ repair to replace the lcd on an HP 15-af131dx
Topics: 164
Kudos: 178
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 33

Hi hsolanki,

Whenever those screen issues occur it can really be frustrating and even more infuriating trying to replace one ( coming from personal experience!) Such tiny little screws and ugh!

Well there are a few options available.

First off, if your computer is under Geek Squad protection this is something they would probably cover.

Secondly, if you don't have a Geek Squad protection plan then you must gauge the price versus buying a new laptop. MOST laptop screens will cost anywhere from $50-150 to replace depending on where you buy it, if it is used or new, and etc. This doesn't even include labor if you need a technician somewhere to install it.

If you can get me the actual HP product model I would be more than happy to look up the replacement # for you.

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.
Topics: 164
Kudos: 178
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 33

So... I may had... um...looked up your serial number after you posted it...no worries I won't mention any information...

your model number is

HP Notebook - 15-af131dx
P1A95UA

It should be noted you currently have 10 months on your HP warranty. I would advise you to check with Geek Squad as well you may or may not have a plan through them and this could be the manufacture warranty it doesn't say.

Start Date
August 19, 2016
End Date
August 18, 2017

Now as far as if you had to buy the screen yourself...you are actually quite lucky the replacement screen for this would be on average about $40 for the screen without labor.

Laptop LCD Screen Size: 15.6 Inches
Laptop LCD Screen Resolution: WXGA HD
Laptop LCD Screen Type: LED
Laptop LCD Screen Lamp: DIODE

If you go by the "official" model number for the replacement part by HP it is

HP 813959-001 and is about $70 if you look it up via that. I just put in your computer product model and came up with the same screen with a cheaper price tag. (generic screen probably)

To check your warranty status on HP you can go to

http://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty

I am not 100% sure if you can confirm online or not about Geek Squad status but you can call 1-800-433-5778 for questions.

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.