Add Product

Search Results:

HP 15.6" G56-129WM Laptop PC with Intel Celeron 900 Processor & Windows 7 Home Premium

My computer is really slow... I've tried restarting it to the manufuture setting, but it didn't really work . It is a bit faster but its still really slow. It runs slow even when just having one google chrome/ internet experor site. 

What could the problem be? Thanks!

Stats

:

HP G56-129WM Laptop PC: Key Features and Benefits:

• Intel Celeron 900 processor
    2.2GHz, 800MHz Front Side Bus, 1M cache

• 3GB DDR2 system memory
    Gives you enough memory for multimedia videos & images, video conferencing, basic gaming & all the other simple duties

• 250GB SATA hard drive
    Store 166,000 photos, 71,000 songs or 131 hours of HD video and more

• SuperMulti double-layer DVD burner
    Watch DVD movies on your computer; read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats

• 10/100 Ethernet; 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
    Connect to a broadband modem or a wired broadband router with wired Ethernet, or wirelessly connect to a Wi-Fi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n wireless connection built into your PC

• 15.6" diagonal HP Brightview LED widescreen display
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M with up to 1309MB total available graphics memory

Additional Features:

• Integrated microphone
  • 3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x VGA port, 1 x headphone/speaker/line-out jack, 1 x microphone jack, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port
  • 6-cell lithium-ion battery
  • 5.6Lbs Laptop weight.
Topics: 1,810
Kudos: 915
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 351

Re: HP 15.6" G56-129WM Laptop PC with Intel Celeron 900 Processor & Windows 7 Home Premium

Single Core celeron at 2.2ghz?

Not even 3GB of ram is going to save you from this situation with the way the Intel HD graphics card is stealing your memory.

The first thing I would do if you have the time for it is get a nice drink and set it next to your computer, you are going to need it.

And remove all the try me and buy me stuff. Its going to take you at least 20 to 25 minutes to do.

After this, your computer should be speedier.

Some more things to consider. If you run MSCONFIG you can control on your computer the things that load up in the system tray. Be only sure to mess with the Start Up Try and not the other options.

A through explanation of how to use MSCONFIG can be seen on this page: http://www.netsquirrel.com/msconfig/index.html

Best Buy Forums Super User since 2008. Please note I am not employed by Best Buy and I answer questions on my own time. If you find something helpful please add kudos to it. Should something solve your issue please remember to mark inquiries as solved.

Re: HP 15.6" G56-129WM Laptop PC with Intel Celeron 900 Processor & Windows 7 Home Premium

Revmoed all the stuff and it's still slow? 

Topics: 1,810
Kudos: 915
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 351

As I said its a product design. Celeron seems too slow for a Windows 7 computer no matter what memory you put into it.

If MSCONFIG was not helpful in curbing programs startup, then there are other things we can try.

Best Buy Forums Super User since 2008. Please note I am not employed by Best Buy and I answer questions on my own time. If you find something helpful please add kudos to it. Should something solve your issue please remember to mark inquiries as solved.

Alright i doing the MSCONFIG still isin't working. whats the last option? 

Trusted Contributor

One thing he didnt mention, especially on a PC that old... Get some compressed air and clean out the vents. Heat can be a huge contributor to performance, and dust keeps hte computer from staying as cool as it should. 

Also, you are dealing with a PC that is 4 years old. If you compare it, on it's best day, to a modern PC, it will definitely seem slow. 

Vendor Participant

Hello Friendlyx,

Thanks for your posting and sorry to hear that your computer is performing slowly.  You have certainly received expert responses.  In addition to the advice given, you may want to run a virus scan.  Keep us updated. 

Regards,

Priscilla, HP Social Media Ambassador

I have done everything and it's still running slow.. But yeah, there is no virus my anti virus is up to date and running