Add Product

Search Results:

Graphics Card/DVI Input help...

Hello,

Is someone could help me that would be great. I have a monitor that suppirts both VGA and DVI inputs. I want o use a DVI input but my computer only supports a VGA output, so I need a new graphics card. Could someone please recommend a good graphics card that would be compatible with my computer. My computer is a Gateway GT5674 with a AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core Processor 2.20 GHz, 3GB RAM and 32 Bit Operating system. Right mow it has a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce430 graphics card. Thanks

Topics: 1,531
Kudos: 748
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

Re: Graphics Card/DVI Input help...

If youre not going to game , an Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS 512MB PCI-e x16 card will get it done for usually less then $100.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Topics: 1,531
Kudos: 748
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

By the way Manufacturers have a habit of putting in 300 watts for a PSU at the most , so better cards require more wattage.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Recognized Member

upgrade with the 8000 series graphics, your computer i think comes with a 300watt power supply so you shouldn't need to spend any more money. i think the highest you can go is 8600gt/gs for the best quality.

if you don't play games 8400 is enough. even for high definition viewing.

if you play games, go with 8600gt/gts.

if you play games and want to go with the best picture possible, go with the 8800gt/gts (if you can still find one) u can find those really cheap now and they're actually like the best graphics card you can get for the money.

if you don't have a budget limit, you can get the gtx260/280 and upgrade the power supply to 600 watt or more.