Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Gaming desktop details

ASUS - Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB Solid State Drive - Iron Gray

Model:GL12CX-B5

Questions:

What is the brand & model of the Motherboard?

What is the brand & model of the HDD

What is the brand & model of the SSD

What is the brand & model of the Case

What is the brand & model of the Power Supply

Thank you !

Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Re: Gaming desktop details

You will have to go to the manufacturer for that type of information. 

And they will not be able to answer you.  Those details can change from lot to lot.  Typically they wil purchase those items in bulk wiht similar stats and run them through.  The next batch could be completly different brands.

Though I would hope at least that Asus would use Asus motherboards in their computers

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Highlighted

Yeeaaasssh, they change from lot to lot. Gives me a touch of insight. But don't really care if they change as I assume the good mfg, ASUS, has a standard operating procedure which would necessitate they always use something comparable. That's fine. Just wanted some idea of what they tend to stuff in it! 

Thank you !

Highlighted
Emerging Expert

I used to sell computers back in the mid 1990's.  Back then there were huge distinctions between brands.  I went though a week of intensive computer training.  To make me ready to sell.  

Back then the number one computer brand was IBM.  The instructor showed us 3 computers from different brands with identical specs.  However, the price difference was crazy.  IBM by far was the most expensive.

The reasoning was when a computer component is manufactured it is given a performance benchmark.  IBM would only purchase components that scored 97% or better of face plate.  Of course that component was more costly.  However, IBM had the most reliable hardware on the consumer market.  Granted there were others like Silicone Graphics etc.

The lesser components were sold off to other brands. 

I don't know if this is true today, but I suspect it is. I suspect it is true especially with Graphcs Cards. If you look around you will see Nvidia Chipsets on different brands of cards, with significanly different prices. 

If you see a model in store you can always look at the hardware profile (maybe) and see specifics, but it may change from lot to lot

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Highlighted

oookay, could you please explain?

What is your experience?

Thank you!